I have been making flower's galore for new vignettes....here are gazillions of stems after being protected. Putting the flowers together is quite tedious. It involves...
- Making, refining, firing the flowers
- Painting them
- Refining the paint (taking it off of the edges so I get a nice silver edge
- Making the stems (3 different head profiles...flat for poppies, pointy for tulips, round for daisies)
- Protecting the stems
- Attaching flowers to the stems
- Protecting the backs of the flowers
- Protecting the sides of the flowers with a different product (don't ask)
This whole process would take a couple of days if I did it in one fell swoop....but it actually takes weeks. I love when it's all done and I have a ton of flowers. I then just pick and choose and lay them out in ways that make me happy. Stay tuned....