I am honoured to receive requests for custom pieces. I've put together a list of what I do and don't do. If you have any questions, or would like to order a custom piece, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- take your information and put my own quirky spin on an idea (see example below!)
- use some details such as preferred hair styles (long, short, ponytail, etc.), general clothing style (casual, chic, etc.)
- work within your preferred colour palette
- reuse portions of the illustration for other works for sale (clothing, hairstyles,flowers, etc.).
- charge an extra fee for the custom work involved, beginning at $25
- draw realistic replicas of people or pets
- do pieces that are too literal
- do large drawings (standing people are approx 2.75", but can live in larger worlds)
- draw children or men
Typical pricing for miniature pieces (does not include extra custom charge)
- 3" x 5" or 4" x 4" - $85
- 5" x 5" - $99
- 3" x 12" - $145
The piece pictured above was commissioned by a collector who wanted to commemorate her mother's love of two very different things - lupins growing wild in fields.....and cruise ships!!! This was a fun challenge and she absolutely loved the final piece, a wee 4" x 4" encaustic artwork on a 1 5/8" deep wood panel.
"It has that I don’t know how to explain it feel of whimsy and sentiment...You managed to capture a feeling that is totally my mother…mission accomplished." Karen, Uxbridge, ON.